The Animal Justice Party (AJP) Climate Emergency Policy supports any clean energy source because the consequences to all animals of further climate destabilisation will be dire (see climate change fact sheet). But not all clean energy sources are equal in their animal impacts. Further research is required into viable and sustainable options.
- Including the impact on animals and the environment in the selection criteria for all energy sources.
- Rapidly transition to a carbon-free energy infrastructure, using known clean technologies in the most ecologically and animal friendly mix. Rapidly in this case means 15 to 20 years.
- Investing in development of new clean animal-friendly energy technologies.
- Implementing a climate tax on both the fossil fuels and animal agriculture industries, using the principle that the polluter pays.
- For more information refer to our Climate Emergency Policy.