The AJP aims to eliminate food waste and environmental pollution while reducing energy and material use. We support recycling and a “circular economy” where these have positive impacts. We recognise that the environmental problems we face ultimately also require a reduction in consumption and an end to the consumption of animals (see our policies on Population and Farming)
1. To invest in further development of biodegradable products and work toward the banning of harmful plastics (see our Marine Animals policy).
2. To encourage and enable recycling and composting programs in businesses and public institutions and educate the public about waste issues.
3. To stop the dumping of clothing and edible food by retailers and to ensure these products are sent to people in need.
4. To invest in innovative enterprises which are reducing and reusing waste.
5. To oppose “planned obsolescence” and barriers to repairing or upgrading consumer goods.