The Animal Justice Party (AJP) aims to eliminate food waste and environmental pollution while reducing energy and material use.
We support recycling and a “circular economy” where these have positive impacts. We recognise that the environmental problems we face ultimately also require a reduction in consumption and an end to the consumption of animals (see our policies on Population and Farming)
- To invest in further development of biodegradable products and work toward the banning of harmful plastics (see our Marine Animals Policy).
- To encourage and enable recycling and composting programs in businesses and public institutions and educate the public about waste issues.
- To stop the dumping of clothing and edible food by retailers and to ensure these products are sent to people in need.
- To invest in innovative enterprises which are reducing and reusing waste.
- To oppose “planned obsolescence” and barriers to repairing or upgrading consumer goods.